Deputy director for research and clinical work, Research Center of Neurology
Honored worker of Science of the Russian Federation
Education and Titles
- 1982 – graduation from the Yerevan State Medical Institute of M. Geratsi (medical faculty), Yerevan, Armenia
- 1985 – 1988 – PhD Student, Research Center of Neurology. 1988 – Thesis: “Rheological blood properties in repeated ischemic strokes”
- 1997 – D.Sci. (Med.) thesis : “Ischemic strokes and the main characteristics of haemorheology, hemostasis and fibrinolysis”
- 2009 – Professor
- 1989 – 1998 – Central scientific research laboratory of vascular pathology of a brain of the Yerevan Medical Institute, Research Center of neurology of accidents of the Ministry of Health of Armenia (junior, senior research associate, head of laboratory of vascular pathology of a brain).
- 1998 – 2002 – Senior Research Associate, 2nd Department of Vascular Neurology, Research Center of Neurology.
- 2002 – 2006 – Leading Researcher, 2nd Department of Vascular Neurology, Research Center of Neurology.
- 1999 – present – the scientific secretary of Scientific Center on Studying of a stroke of the Russian Ministry of Health.
- 2003 – 2010 – the Scientific Secretary, nd Department of Vascular Neurology, Research Center of Neurology.
- 2006 – present – Head of 1st Department of Vascular Neurology (department of the general angioneurology), Research Center of Neurology.
- 2010 – present – the deputy director for research and clinical work, Research Center of Neurology.
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief of “Annals of Clinical and Experimental Neurology” and “Nervous Diseases”.
- Member of the Editorial Board of “Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology” and “Thrombosis, Hemostasis and Rheology” journals.
- Board Member of the Russian Society of Neurologists.
- Development of personalized approaches for prevention and treatment of cerebrovascular diseases based on pathochemistry, pathophysiology, ultrasonography, neurovisualization and pathomorphology data.
- Molecular mechanisms of development and progression of cerebral atherosclerosis, including “asymptomatic” forms, development of new biomarkers of atherosclerosis, approaches for early diagnostics and targeted therapy.
- Development of the concept of universal mechanisms of a haemorheology and hemostasis disregulation in brain vascular diseases.
- Personification of clinical approaches based on monitoring haemorheological, ultrasonic and neurovisualization data (resistance to pharmaceuticals, pharmacological fMRI, pharmacokinetics).
- Exploring mechanisms of development of cerebrovascular diseases in various types of hematologic pathology.
- Devwlopment of an integrated scientific and practical approach for studying neurological manifestations of the metabolic syndrome.
Tanashyan M.M. is the author more than 510 published scientific works, the coauthor of 4 monographs, 10 methodical grants and heads in the management for doctors.
Most cited articles
- Gusev, E.I.,Skvortsova, V.I., (…) Tanashyan M.M. et al. Batroxobin in patients with ischemic stroke in the carotid system (the multicenter study). Zhurnal Nevrologii i Psihiatrii imeni S.S. Korsakova. 2006
- Orlov, S.V.,Domashenko, M.A. (…) Tanashyan M.M. Hemorheology and hemostasis in patients suffering from ischemic cerebral stroke and metabolic syndrome. Klinicheskaia meditsina. 2007
- Abramycheva, N.,Stepanova, M. (…) Tanashyan M.M. et al. New mutations in the Notch3 gene in patients with cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leucoencephalopathy (CADASIL). Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2015
- Shabalina, A.A.,Lyapina, L.A. (…) Tanashyan M.M. et al. In vitro lipid-lowering and fibrinolytic effects of regulatory leucine-containing glyprolines in human blood. Biology Bulletin. 2015
- Suslina, Z.A.,Rumiantseva, S.A.,Tanashyan, M.M. et al.The complex energy correction of chronic brain ischemia. Zhurnal Nevrologii i Psihiatrii imeni S.S. Korsakov. 2011
- Eisen, A.,Bhatt, D.L. (…) Tanashyan M.M. et al. Angina and future cardiovascular events in stable patients with coronary artery disease: Insights from the Reduction of Atherothrombosis for Continued Health (REACH) registry. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2016
- Tanashyan, M.M.,Lagoda, O.V.,Antonova, K.V.Chronic cerebrovascular diseases on the background of metabolic syndrome: New approaches to treatment. Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology. 2014
- Professor (Neurology), Department of Fundamental Medicine, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Tanashyan M.M. guided 1 doctoral and 13 PhD theses.